At some point, you will need help with plumbing repairs for your home. Some of these issues can be easily fixed, but others need to be addressed by a professional plumber. Here are 5 common plumbing repairs to be aware of.
- Low Water Pressure. This could be a sudden problem, or it may be one that you notice slowly getting worse. Low pressure has many causes, some more serious than others. It could be caused from a water main break, a leaky pipe, or build-up of sediment on a faucet or showerhead.
- Clogged Drains or Toilets. If you notice water backing up in your drains or toilet you can try to use a plunger to loosen the obstruction. If it won’t easily unblock or your drain clogs multiple times, a plumber can find an effective solution to your problem. Just remember not to use any drain cleaners for clogs because these often do more damage to your pipes than good.
- Dripping Faucet. Not only is a dripping faucet a nuisance and waste of money, but it can also lead to major damage if left untreated. A professional can help you determine the source of the problem and repair the correct parts. We also have specialized tools and access to quality parts to more effectively complete your plumbing repairs.
- Leaky Water Heater. Water on the floor under your water heater or dripping water down the side of the tank are signs that you have a leaky water heater. You may just need to repair a valve, or it could be a sign that your water heater needs to be replaced. When you use a professional, we can quickly investigate the problem and help you find the best solution.
- Dishwasher Problems. Puddles under your dishwasher can be caused by many issues. A professional can examine your dishwasher to determine if installation was correctly completed and if your alignment is appropriate. We will also check for loose or damaged parts. Since leaky dishwashers can cause flooding issues, don’t hesitate to call us right away.
If you need help with any of these plumbing repairs, give us a call today at Minyard Plumbing, Inc.