Toilets are a necessity of life. They are convenient and important even though many homeowners don’t spend much time thinking about them. The last thing you want is for one of your toilets to stop working or need to be immediately replaced, leaving you without a working toilet. The best thing you can do to prevent needing to replace your toilet or have it become unusable due to needing repairs is watch for these five signs that indicate you need a toilet repair.
- Water at the Base of the Toilet – All the water for your toilet should be inside your toilet and never outside of it. If you are noticing water pooling around the base of your toilet, then it is time for a toilet repair.
- It Won’t Refill – If your tank or toilet bowl isn’t refilling with water like it should, then you might need a new valve. Give a toilet repair company a call sooner than later to make these repairs.
- It Keeps Running – A toilet should not continuously run. If it is, the valve needs to be adjusted or replaced. To have this done and get your toilet running correctly, you will need to call a toilet repair professional.
- Small Flushes – If your toilet only flushes a small amount and not the entire bowl of water, then you need toilet repair.
- Cracked Tank or Bowl – If you notice any cracks in your toilet, we recommend having a professional toilet repairman come over to assess it.